Recently I came back from a trip overseas without 3G connection.
After a few days when I randomly checked my WhatsApp, I then realized that there was a lot of messages on WhatsApp that were not pushed to my inbox on my Samsung Omnia 7 since the overseas trip.
After searching online, I came across many individuals who has identical problem of push notification not working on their Windows Phone 7 WhatsApp .
You might want to try these following steps and configurations to reactivate your push notification on WhatsApp.
- Disable your battery-saver mode as it turns off 3G access, hence notifications won’t get delivered.
- Set your “ringer” and “vibrate” to on in settings > Ringtones + sounds.
- Ensure that you have enabled “push notification” in WhatsApp settings.
- If you have your phone off or have disconnected from 3G access for an extended period of time (example going overseas), make sure you manually run WhatsApp at least once to enable push notification. Note: You might get flooded with messages if you have not checked your messages for an extended period of time.
- Pin your WhatsApp to your screen. While this might not exactly reactivate your push notification, it allows you to see an unread message count on your WhatsApp live tile.
- If the above does not work, reinstall WhatsApp from marketplace and start from step 3 to 5.
Note: If might take a couple of minutes or hours for the push notification to be reactivated.
Do drop a comment if you have a better suggestion or if the above steps does not work for you. 🙂