There are a couple of users who have complained that they are unable to link to their Xiaoyi Weidan M1 Mirrorless Camera via their iPhone and Android application.
Xiaoyi has recently released the firmware over here.
In case you are unable to download directly, please refer to https://www.xiaoyi.com/weidan_download.html to download the latest firmware. At time of writing, the latest firmware version is 1.0.17-CN (I’m using the China version).
To update your firmware,
- Extract “firmware.bin” to the root directory of your SD card.
- Place your SD Card back into the camera and swipe into your Camera’s Menu on the left side.
- While in camera menu, scroll down until you reach “Firmware Information” icon on the right hand side.
- Now, hold both the ‘review’ and ‘o’ at the same time for 1-2 seconds.
- Select the first menu to “Update Camera Firmware”. (please note that there will no longer be “english” language support once you update to this firmware. I’m not sure why that is the case). Select “yes” when prompted with confirmation.
Congratulations, you have updated your firmware 🙂
I’ve not managed to find the changelog yet, but the video (in mandarin) below showcases improvement in the autofocus feature